Saturday 5 October 2013

Halloween Card

This week's card uses a Simply Betty Stamp as the feature. I have (In case you have not already worked it out!!) a range of her stamps in both digi and rubber format. This one I already had in rubber but have just bought a Jude Holiday Digi Bundle featuring this image and many others for Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's Day. Love them all!


My image is coloured using Copic markers. 
Skin: E21, E50 Cheeks: R11 Mouth: R27, E47, E05 Eyes: G07
Costume: BV02, V17, Y38, YR04, YR07
Shadows: W3
I created texture by stippling over the purple areas of the costume with the Copic 00 Blender. 


The background of the card was a piece of orange Bazzill paper which I embossed using a Sizzix Halloween Embossing folder from my collection. I inked around the edge using black Archival Ink. I had tried inking the whole design but decided that it made the card too dark. Instead of wasting the card, I simply turned it over to use the embossing in reverse.
The Sentiment was stampeded onto white card and this was mounted in a Spellbinders frame from Romantic Rectangles.
Martha Stewart's Creepy Fence punch was used for the background and the strip of Beware paper came from  a Dream Street Paper from the Superstition range- Spine Tingler.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
 http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com.au/
http://createdwithlovechallenges.blogspot.com.au/

5 comments:

  1. great embossed card great colours for halloween thanks for joining us over at TTPH ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Love the die cuts and image. Thanks for joining our Halloween Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the Beware ribbon/tape....Cute image! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our HALLOWEEN Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie! This card is soooooooooooooo cute! I love it!! Love the image from SBS and that MS fence punch is going on my wish list!! Thanks for joining us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card love it. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete