Saturday 2 November 2013

Birthday Card

This week at Through The Purple Haze Challenge Blog, we needed to create an item 'For The Girls'. I chose to create a Birthday card using a Simply Betty Stamps Digi.
The image is coloured with Copics and then sparkle has been added using orange and light green Spica pens.
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's label die- carefully cutting around the top of the image so that I could use the die and have part of my image outside of the die shape. Lime Tart has a great tutorial on how to do this.I used the larger die to cut out out a second label out of black cardstock.
For the background, I pulled out an Ancient Basic Grey paper from a 6x6 pad "Gypsy" from my stash. The colours were pastel versions of those I used to colour the image. I then cut some Superstar borders from orange cardstock using a Poppy Stamps Die. These were brushed with Wild Honey Distress Ink before fixing onto the background paper. To cover the join I used some Webster's Trim from 'Let's Celebrate'.



See my entry and all of the others over at:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie! Love your card! The image is just colored so beautifully and that die with the stars is amazing and beautiful! Once again, my wish list is getting way too long! LOL Thanks for sharing with us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete